Under the ECA scholarship, 8 Early Career Academics will be supported. This will mainly target those ECA who have capacity to supervise PhD and MSc students.
- Each applicant must have held a PhD in AI and ML, for the last 3 – 5 years as at application.
- All applicants should have competent academic credentials and demonstrate motivation and commitment to pursue an academic career.
- All applicants must be nationals or permanent residents of any sub-Saharan country.
Each successful ECA will receive a scholarship of US$ 68,000. This will cover:
- Tuition fees for one PhD student for two years (US$ 4000)
- Tuition fees for two MSc students (US$4000)
- Research costs (US$ 25,000)
- Research infrastructure (US$ 30,000)
- Traveling costs (US$ 5,000)
Funding will be for 2 years.